History of the company
The company responds to market and customer demands – increasing productivity and reducing production costs. Multi-axis machines enabling complex machining of a component in one clamping and machines manufactured on the basis of specific customer requirements ROLLER 2800 and SPH 50 DS are put into production.
The first half of the 1990s was marked by the restructuring of the company, the search for new markets and a fundamental change in the product range. CNC control systems enable fully automatic machine operation. A new range of MCV series vertical machining centres and MASTURN universal CNC lathes are introduced.
In 1983, the MCSY 50 and MCSY 80 universal turning centres were introduced. This machine became an inspiration for foreign companies and Kovosvit was ahead of its time with this machine concept. Between 1983 and 86, many machines were awarded the Gold Medal at international trade fairs such as in Brno and Leipzig.
development of electronics forces the introduction of NC-controlled machines.
Since the 1960s, Kovosvit has been producing program-controlled machines.
In 1952, production of horizontal drilling machines HVF 1600 and heavy planers HD 31 was started.In this year, production of single-spindle curve turning machines A 12, A 40 according to Škoda documentation was also started. In 1956, production of the WKV 100 precision coordinate boring machine was started (almost 700 units produced by 1994) .
Production of turret and spindle lathes and radial drills is transferred from the parent plant in Zlín. From 1945 onwards, the production of radial drills of its own development of the VR 2, VR 4, VR 6, VR 8 series is followed by the production of bicycles as an additional production in the period 1941 – 1942. In 1949, the national company Kovosvit Sezimovo Ústí was founded, at that time there were already 1700 employees.
The production of machine tools in Bata’s shoe factory in Zlín began in 1936 and in a relatively short time a comprehensive range of basic products was created. In 1938, this production in Zlín ran into difficulties in obtaining labour. The management of the company was considering transferring the focus of its activities in this field to another region – Slovakia. At this time, the company was given a new logo – the MAS brand, which at that time stood for Moravian and Slovak Engineering Works. However, events in the second half of the year put the plan on hold. After the division and occupation of Czechoslovakia, the management instructed to find another location in the territory of the Protectorate.
The events after 15 March 1939 changed the meaning of the MAS brand, which from then on stood for Moravian Joint Stock Engineering. The director of MAS, Mr. Bohuslav Ševčík, finally chose the area in the cadastre of Velký dvůr near Sezimovo Ústí. On 5 June 1939, the company purchased this site for the construction of a new plant.